Lyn HinesMarketing Preview
hMarketing today involves using many tools and deciding which are effective. The methods to reach people change on a daily basis. First and foremost, what is your Goal? It is usually a wrenching question but is number one especially when setting a benchmark to guage progress.
Once a goal and timeline have been established: Study the market
- Who is your target?
- Who is your competition?
- Do your homework on the competition.
- Are they ahead in market share? Why?
- Is their website more visible than yours? why?
Marketing Self Analysis:
- Do you keep track of Trade Shows and who is going?
- When was your last Press release?
- Are your press releases, websites, support documentation in the target language?
- Communication methods?
- Press releases - Free and paid press release websites and their effectiveness are often neglected. Email campaigns, with your news are just as important if they are real news.
- Mailing lists - Are your Mailing lists informative or just spam?
- Social Media - What social media is your target using if any?
- Web - Is your Website clear and to the point? nice looking but also reaching the target market in different languages?
- When talking about SEO for websites, why is one site above another?
- Keywords? Links are votes for you. How many appropriate links are live.
- Put into place benchmarks, to measure the visits, who what when which search engines, browsers.
- Analyse your visitors. Are they visitors your target market?
- Fresh content. Keep your site alive. New articles in other sources.
- Educational Resource - inform your users. Once they are informed, they will understand your product and understand your offer as well.
- Mobile devices - is your site compatible with the latest communication method?
- Print press - Referenced in trade magazines, newspapers, journalists are on your mailing list?
- Where are you in this process?
- Longtze Premier sportboat Website development of Trilingual promotional website (French, Chinese, English) Search Engine Optimization and Photojournalism for new sport boat comming from the America's Cup Team Le Defi/ China Team. Translation of material, press releases and commercial research.
- Dixon Language Services Search Engine Optimization and translation of different sites
- Fabric Sail Design Software Client database optimization and marketing program leading upto and following the Mets Trade show. Press releases, new website, Email campaigns and phone contact.
- Yachting Pages Distribution of Yachting pages and contact prospection in Spain from Barcelona to Gibraltar. A combination of Spanish and English marketing. Secondly, the same in La Rochelle France.
- hammersails.com Website development, SEO, domain management, and marketing for sailmaker Micky Todd in Southern Spain
- China Team -- America's Cup -- Journalism, Public Relations, translation 2004-2007
- Euromarina Website, SEO and Marketing for European Associaton of Marinas -
- Seahorse Article - Vendee Globe interview Marc Lombard Naval Design Office - La Rochelle
- Amer -- Spanish Commercial agent for Marina reservation and management software.
- Seapass Development and Marketing for Marina Reservation and Management software.
- Seatizenport Spanish Commercial agent for Marina reservation and management software.